What is Words Rock Online
is a comprehensive literacy programme that harnesses the power of Adaptive Learning to free teachers from the tedium of managing students’ progress. It automatically ensures that students are always working at their optimal learning level.
comprehensively covers Spelling, Grammar, Advanced Grammar, Punctuation, Vocabulary and Pre-Literacy.
Grow word-smart kids: Years K – 10
Starts with pre-literacy Questions then moves to an exploration of the building blocks of words through spelling, grammar and punctuation to a challenging exploration of the richness of the English language.
- Draws students into using words in meaningful ways.
- Helps students build vital strategies to deal confidently with the English Language.
- Soaks students in language - enriching their vocabulary and giving them the understanding they need to produce clear, concise, correct and meaningful texts.
- Progressively explores the building blocks, conventions and frameworks of English.
- Gives every student a positive and empowering language experience that is just right for them.
The design of enables each student to progress at their own pace and at their own level.
- Enables teachers and students to choose the literacy Questions to be practised and then allows for repetition until mastery is achieved.
- Extends the gifted and supports those for whom learning literacy is a struggle.
Created by highly experienced teachers
Through multiple iterations from floppy disk to CD and finally to , it has been a journey of over 20 years. Our team of highly experienced literacy teachers has produced a masterpiece!
Children learn best when they are having fun
The intrinsic and extrinsic motivators built into engage and motivate students to build literacy skills.
- Carefully sequenced to build literacy ability step-by-step.
- Little-by-little as skills increase the questions get harder.
- The children are having so much fun they don’t even realise they are learning.
As students progress in their learning journey, provides instant dynamic feedback reinforcing progress question by question. The intrinsic motivation is amplified through progress reports, attainments, certificates and more.
The new Online edition of builds on the classic with significant enhancements that revolutionise its educative capacity.
- All the advantages of online delivery including instant availability of data, home and school access, and data security.
- Students playing the Words Rock Online game are much less distracted as they now each complete Questions simultaneously from their own computer instead of taking turns on the one computer with up to 4 players.
- Features the revolutionary EdAlive Adaptive Learning System that automates each student’s progression and releases teachers from the need to monitor and adjust the work for each child.
- Questions are always automatically targeted to the needs of each student.
- Enhanced design has allowed the doubling of the frequency of Questions presented in the game without overloading the students.
- Integrated with EdAlive Central making administration incredibly easy.