Words Rock - Literacy Content
At the heart of Words Rock is a comprehensive bank of Questions that have been skilfully hand-crafted and sequenced by experienced teachers.
The educational team created the core teaching sequences at the heart of by deconstructing the curricula from many jurisdictions around the world including Australia, New Zealand, Key US States, United Kingdom and Ireland. These fine-grained educational elements were then sequenced to form the EdAlive Curriculum. The result has been the creation of a matrix of Questions that is both broad and progressive in its scope.
Once formed the EdAlive content creation team set about building a diverse, broad-ranging set of Questions to teach and illustrate each of the identified outcomes. By this process the rich resource that is the EdAlive Question Bank was created. It is this carefully crafted matrix of instructional material on which the EdAlive curriculum correlations, content selections and the automated Adaptive Learning system draw.
Every Question and its organisation is intentional
- Each of the in Words Rock Online has been included to meet specific learning outcomes identified in the comprehensive, rigorous planning that preceded their creation.
- Because each and every in Words Rock Online was designed with a particular outcome in mind, there is absolutely no time wasted on superfluous content.
- Words Rock Online provide scaffolding for weaker students and enrichment activities that will engage and extend even the most inquiring minds.
- Learning sequences are designed directly into the sequential, finely incremented educational content.
- The educational content within Words Rock Online has been rigorously tested by millions of users!
Attributes of the Words Rock Online activities
- Students progress through carefully sequenced levels with each year level broken down into multiple incremental .
- Features a broad range of and types, including text input, missing answer, drag-and-drop, multiple choice, true or false and more!
- The diversity of type and the accompanying humour maintains each student’s interest and helps build their skills.
- Positive feedback and correction through detailed answer screens gives reinforcement.
- The are full of quirky characters, puzzles and tantalising problems that challenge and extend students across a wide range of learning styles.
Grow word smart kids: Years K – 10
The massive literacy content starts with pre-literacy Questions then moves to an exploration of the building block of words through spelling, grammar and punctuation to a challenging exploration of richness of the English language.
- Draws students into using words in meaningful ways.
- Helps students build vital strategies to deal confidently with the English Language.
- Soaks students in language - enriching their vocabulary and giving them the understanding they need to produce clear, concise and correct texts.
- Progressively explores the building blocks, conventions and frameworks of English.
- Gives every student a positive and empowering language experience that is just right for them.
Literacy skills covered include:
- Builds Pre-Literacy skills with preparatory to draw young students into using words in meaningful ways through play.
- Promotes confidence in understanding and using correct spelling.
- Explores vital strategies so that students can deal confidently with the various building blocks of words.
- Carefully builds recognition of words that use both simple and complex spelling patterns.
- Stimulates students to understand and remember how word parts fit together.
Grammar & Punctuation
- Promotes confidence in understanding and using correct grammar and punctuation.
- Provides explanation of more difficult concepts in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Fosters understanding and enjoyment of language.
- Promotes higher-order language thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Expands and enriches vocabulary and stimulates each student’s ability to use words in context.
- Soaks students in language - enriching their knowledge and providing a broad word base to build on.
- Identifies and systematically resolves the more baffling aspects of English spelling and other common difficulties.
- Includes: idioms, clichés, word roots, borrowings from other languages, archaic expressions, alliteration, connectives, synonyms, antonyms, homophones, onomatopoeia, collective nouns, metaphors, similes, puns, tautology, irony and hyperbole.
The EdAlive Curriculum Structure
The is displayed in multiple locations within . Depending on the context it can be used to select content, display progress or access reports. Within this hierarchy are located all of accessible via the different with the most expansive Curriculum Correlation being the .
Words Rock - Words Rock Game
At the heart of Words Rock Online is the fast-paced Words Rock Interactive Real-Time, Multiplayer Game that is fully integrated into Words Rock Online. Words Rock harnesses the appeal of online gaming and teams it with the EdAlive automated Adaptive ...
Words Rock - Navigating Online
Go to Teacher or Parent Management You can navigate back to the Teacher or Parent Management screen at any time by selecting Teacher Management or Parent Management from the Account Menu that displays towards the top right of most screens. The Main ...
Words Rock - Presetting Content Selections for students
Teachers and parents can preset a Content Selection for students to work on. The Content Selection can be selected from any of the Curriculum Correlations. See the Curriculum Correlations section for details on choosing curricula. Once applied to a ...
Words Rock - Playing Words Rock
Words Rock can be played by a student on their own or in a group. It is easy to start, join or host a game. The system automatically does all of the hard work for teachers and parents. It concurrently manages the gameplay, recalculates the options ...
Words Rock - About Words Rock Online
What is Words Rock Online Words Rock Online is a comprehensive literacy programme that harnesses the power of Adaptive Learning to free teachers from the tedium of managing students’ progress. It automatically ensures that students are always working ...