Words Rock - Words Rock Game
At the heart of is the fast-paced Words Rock Interactive Real-Time, Multiplayer Game that is fully integrated into .
Words Rock harnesses the appeal of online gaming and teams it with the EdAlive automated to motivate students and engage them with literacy questions that are just right for them.
The Game Scenario
Players compete against each other or to capture slugs that are threatening your city. To capture the slugs they must answer presented to them by the . The innovative turn-based design maximises the time doing educational content and minimises time waiting for other players.
“You’re a street-smart Seeker on the trail of the devious, slippery Super Slugs. But there’s one small problem … they can make themselves invisible! Complete word skills Questions to search the streets with your cool Seeking gear. With a bit of luck (and a few cool gadgets up your sleeve) you’ll outsmart the other Seekers, track down the most Slugs, and become the number one Slug Buster!”
It all Happens in Real-Time:
- All interactions within the game happen instantly and each player is immediately aware of other players’ moves.
- The answers to are scored immediately and a is displayed at the conclusion of each game.
- Students play against the computer or up to 3 other students selected from their class, or anywhere the world.
- To play against students in their own class, students can initiate a game of as the and then invite others to join them.
Smart Computer Players
- When there are insufficient human players to join a game, the computer generates playersto compete against.
- The computer generated players use dynamic feedback from the game to auto-level their ability to match the capability of the students. This ensures that human players of various abilities are actually able to win the game (but not always).
- W is not just a first past the post race. It’s a full-on, real-life tussle with the other competitors with incredible motivational appeal.
- The choices made by one player dynamically affect the game-play for all. As in games like Chess and Monopoly each move immediately affects the options for others. This dynamic interaction greatly boosts the engagement of the students.
- The automated ensures that each student is presented with literacy content that has just the right level of challenge for them.
- Teachers can be confident that students are always working on content that is targeted just for them without having to monitor and adjust settings.
Words Rock - Playing Words Rock
Words Rock can be played by a student on their own or in a group. It is easy to start, join or host a game. The system automatically does all of the hard work for teachers and parents. It concurrently manages the gameplay, recalculates the options ...
Words Rock - About Words Rock Online
What is Words Rock Online Words Rock Online is a comprehensive literacy programme that harnesses the power of Adaptive Learning to free teachers from the tedium of managing students’ progress. It automatically ensures that students are always working ...
Words Rock - Navigating Online
Go to Teacher or Parent Management You can navigate back to the Teacher or Parent Management screen at any time by selecting Teacher Management or Parent Management from the Account Menu that displays towards the top right of most screens. The Main ...
Words Rock - The Adaptive Learning System
Words Rock Online is powered by the advanced EdAlive Adaptive Learning System. Automatically optimises each child’s progression The system uses complex algorithms to automatically create and maintain an optimised learning pathway for each child. This ...
Words Rock - Printing
PDF printing In order to maximise printing compatibility Words Rock Online sends its printed output to PDF files. The PDFs are saved to the default export location for your browser. To print the files open them in a PDF viewer and print. Printed ...