Baggin' the Dragon - Maths Content
At the heart of is a comprehensive bank of that have been skillfully hand-crafted and sequenced by experienced teachers.
The educational team created the core teaching sequences at the heart of by deconstructing the curricula from many jurisdictions around the world including Australia, New Zealand, Key US States, United Kingdom and Ireland. These fine-grained educational elements were then sequenced to form the EdAlive Curriculum. The result has been the creation of a matrix of that is both broad and progressive in its scope.
Once formed the EdAlive content creation team set about building a diverse, broad-ranging set of to teach and illustrate each of the identified outcomes. By this process the rich resource that is the EdAlive Question Bank was created. It is this carefully crafted matrix of instructional material on which the EdAlive , content selections and the automated Adaptive Learning system draw.
Every Question and its organisation is intentional
- Each of the in has been included to meet specific learning outcomes identified in the comprehensive, rigorous planning that preceded their creation.
- Because each and every in was designed with a particular outcome in mind, there is absolutely no time wasted on superfluous content.
- provide scaffolding for weaker students and enrichment activities that will engage and extend even the most inquiring minds.
- Learning sequences are designed directly into the sequential, finely incremented educational content.
- The educational content within has been rigorously tested by millions of users!
Attributes of the Questions
- Students progress through carefully sequenced levels with each year level broken down into multiple incremental .
- Features a broad range of and types, including text input, missing answer, drag-and-drop, multiple choice, true or false and more!
- The diversity of type and the accompanying humour maintains each student’s interest and helps build their skills.
- Positive feedback and correction through detailed answer screens gives reinforcement.
- The are full of quirky characters, puzzles and tantalising problems that challenge and extend students across a wide range of learning styles.
Over 90% of Maths Content: Years K – 10
At the heart of is a bank of over 10,000 that have been skilfully hand-crafted and sequenced by experienced teachers.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the essential maths skills and concepts.
- Promote higher-order mathematical thinking and problem-solving strategies instead of mindless number crunching.
Maths skills covered include:
- Integers, operations, money.
- Addition & subtraction.
- Multiplication & division.
- Fractions & decimals: ratio, percentages.
Patterns & algebra
- Recording, displaying and interpreting data.
- Length, area, volume/capacity, mass, time.
- Space & geometry
- 2D, 3D, position, angle, transformations, symmetry.
The EdAlive Curriculum Structure
The is displayed in multiple locations within . Depending on the context it can be used to select content, display progress or access reports. Within this hierarchy are located all of accessible via the different with the most expansive C being the .
Baggin' the Dragon - Navigating
Go to Teacher or Parent Management You can navigate back to the Teacher or Parent Management screen at any time by selecting Teacher Management or Parent Management from the Account Menu that displays towards the top right of most screens. The Main ...
Baggin' the Dragon - Reporting
The reports relating to each student’s activity within Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online are accessed from the Tools and Reports screen. Access Tools & Reports School-based reports are accessible to teachers. To access the Baggin’ the Dragon Maths ...
Baggin' the Dragon - The Baggin’ the Dragon Game
At the heart of Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online is the fast-paced Baggin’ the Dragon Interactive Real-Time, Multiplayer Game that is fully integrated into Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online. Baggin’ the Dragon harnesses the appeal of online gaming and ...
Baggin' the Dragon - About Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online
What is Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online is a comprehensive maths programme that harnesses the power of Adaptive Learning to free teachers from the tedium of managing students’ progress. It automatically ensures that ...
Baggin' the Dragon - Curriculum Correlations
How the curriculum correlations work Each of the thousands of Questions that form the educational content of Baggin’ the Dragon Maths Online is correlated against the relevant curriculum outcomes for the range of curricula and syllabi covered. The ...